Saturday 21 July 2012

Ebb and Flow

Courtesy of some friends who were kind enough to be patient with me during my sangat dummy-spit, I've learned that being part of a community doesn't mean you have to like everyone and that everyone has to like you.  I've learned that it is ok to go within yourself every now and then and do some questioning and soul-searching and it doesn't mean you're forsaking your community.  I've learned that true friends will tell you the truth about yourself bluntly and when you've done enough wallowing in self-pity they pick you up, dust you off and say now, get back into it!

So next time you're having a off week, it's ok, take a break and get back on track, then get back into it.

And so the pendulum swings again, from inward isolation to communal exuberance.

My heartfelt thanks to those who helped pull me out of my funk - you know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment